Friday, November 2, 2007

It's Always Better to Fire People on a Friday

Subtitle: My Eyes Are Up Here. Or Down Here, as you'll see.

Yes folks, it's about time for another workplace rant. If it's any time between 8am and 4:30 pm (EST) on a weekday, I can guaran-damn-tee you someone is annoying me in some way, shape, or form. And I promise you, it's going to be straight outta Office Space.

Why should today be any different? Because it's a Friday? Pfft. These people don't care. They'll annoy you on a Friday. They're going to annoy you on Wednesday, too. It don't matter to these people.

Today's rant is related to an earlier post where I made mention of a snarky co-worker who was paying a bit too much attention to the content of my computer screen in that it just happened again today, albeit with a different co-worker.

This time, it was much more blatant and obvious. And incredibly rude and irritating. Someone came over to talk to me. (Which, in and of itself, annoys me. I'm happy to just sit here most of the time and surf the Internet in peace. I don't need to be talking to others constantly). But anyway, if you come over to my desk to talk to me, WHY then are you looking at my computer? It's rude to be reading what's on someone's screen, especially while you're attempting to have a conversation with me. And if you're using this "stop and chat" as a ruse to specifically check out what I'm doing, that makes you even more of a douche.

If you want to talk to me, MY EYES ARE DOWN HERE! (ya know, since I'm sitting at a desk, and they're standing....get it?) If you don't look at me at all while we're talking, I don't want to fucking talk to you. Go away and let me get back to wasting time on the Internet. Thank you.

While I'm on the subject, if you are talking to someone who sits near me, why in the hell are you looking at ME? It's rude to the person you're talking to. Am I really that fascinating and captivating where I and all of my activities must be so closely watched? I think not.

So, as Kramer might say -- Look away, you're hideous! (yes I know he says 'I'm hideous.' But I'm not. So that version didn't work for this story). My activities are not now, nor will they ever be, your concern. Jesus. What happened to the simple days when you just had to hide your non-work Internet-tal activities from your boss? Now you have to include of your nosy co-workers too? This over-interest will not stand, man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oy. My head hurts, Sassy. The stupidity and inconsderituitousness of some people...it's just...

blergh.

Hang in there. The Sassolution will not be televised!